Greenhalgh’s Craft Bakery are currently looking to recruit a Security Officer.
You will be part of our Security team. Your main duties will include (but not be limited to):
- Supervise the main entrance at the gatehouse, ensuring only authorised personnel may enter the Bakery compound;
- Monitor and authorise the entrance and departure of employees, contractors and other persons, permitting entry logging people in and out of the Bakery compound;
- Frequent monitoring of the Company’s CCTV system;
- Answering external and internal phone calls, meeting and greeting visitors;
- Controlling fleet drivers in and out and ensuring daily check sheets are submitted;
- Completing a hand over report. Reporting any safety concerns, security breaches and unusual circumstances, occurrences, and CCTV activities. You will be responsible for writing detailed reports of what occurred during your shift;
- Provide regular internal and external patrols of the compound areas, including patrolling both bakery production sites (Crescent Road and Lostock Lane) as required;
- Display a good level of vigilance throughout a shift. You must not be easily distracted;
- The ability to work independently and as part of a team;
- Load vehicles when required;
- You will be expected to travel to locations throughout all the Company’s shops and wholesale, fleet customers to perform security duties as required;
- Maintain standards of conduct, discretion, confidentiality and sound judgement, with able to remain calm under pressure and take control of incidents;
- Provide site support to employees when requested;
- Remain professional at all times.
HOURS OF WORK & BENEFITS
You will be required to work a shift system on a rota basis to cover our 24/7 operation. This will normally equate to 40 hours per week, working 5 out of 7 days.
Holidays: 28 days per annum, including bank holidays.
Job Type: Full-time, permanent on satisfactory completion of probationary period
Salary: Our Security Officers commence on the National Minimum Wage for their age band
Free on-site parking, subsidised canteen, access to discounted products and a workplace pension scheme. We also hold staff events such as family fun days and ten pin bowling competitions and have an employee of the month scheme.
You must hold a current driving licence. N.B. If you are a driver under age 25 it is a condition of our vehicle insurance that you must accept responsibility of the insurance excess, should it be required for insurance claims.
- You must be able to work on your own initiative.
- You will have the ability to work night shifts and unsociable hours.
- Good communication skills and previous experience in similar line of work are required.
- Due to the nature of our business you are required to be flexible in your working arrangements, it may be necessary to work alternative hours, shift patterns or unsociable hours, including weekends and overtime may be required, and on some days. Or change shifts at minimal notice.
Apply direct on Indeed or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please quote ‘Security’ in the subject of your e-mail and attach your CV along with a covering letter stating your current salary details.
PLEASE ALSO STATE WHERE YOU SAW THIS VACANCY IN YOUR APPLICATION along with your current salary details, if applicable.
Alternatively you can download an application form and send it to:
Human Resources, Greenhalgh’s Craft Bakery, Crescent Road, Lostock, Bolton BL6 4BU
OR contact Human Resources on 01204 673832
Once we have received your details, successful applicants will be invited for a local interview following our selection process. If you require any further information please contact our Human Resources department on 01204 673832
No recruitment agencies – direct applicants ONLY
Greenhalgh’s Craft Bakery Limited is a large, well established family business which has been producing craft bakery goods for over 60 years. We are an award winning company with a strong reputation and a passion for craft baking. With over 60 retail outlets across the North West, we also have a large high volume operational site at our head office in Bolton and a further modern production facility nearby. As well as our valued retail customers, our corporate clients range from large supermarket chains to well-known leisure outlets, as well as sporting arenas, hotels and restaurants and many more besides. Alongside quality, hygiene and meeting customer demands are of the utmost importance.
At Greenhalgh’s Craft Bakery Limited we take your privacy seriously. If you submit your CV and/or contact details to us in application to one of our vacancies, we will use this information to process your application and assess your suitability for the role. Application decisions are not automated.
All information will be held securely and retained in accordance with regulatory requirements. Your information will not be shared for marketing purposes outside of the Company. Further information relating to how your data is used and stored can be found on our website: www.greenhalghs.co.uk
You have the right to have your data amended or removed from our records. Please contact us for further information on how to do this.
Please note that, unfortunately, due to the high levels of applications received, we are usually only able to respond to candidates who are successfully selected for interview. If you have not received an invitation to interview within four weeks of application, you may assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. Please note that we will not normally contact you if you are not successful in the first round of interview stages. Your information will not be retained for any longer than is necessary in relation to the application and employment process.
We are an inclusive employer with equality, diversity and fairness at the heart of our values. We welcome applications from individuals from all different backgrounds and are committed to promoting fair participation and equality of opportunity for all our job applicants.